About The Role
In this exciting and critical role, you will join JLL’s award-winning Asia Pacific corporate communications team. You will be passionate about the power of internal communications to deliver tangible value as a strategic partner to the business. You understand that people are a company’s most precious resource and that happy, engaged employees become your most powerful advocates and brand ambassadors.
JLL is undergoing significant change as it embraces the digital future of real estate, so your role will be to develop an internal communications strategy that delivers a compelling and motivating message to our 42,000 employees around Asia Pacific. You will have the opportunity to work closely with global colleagues while also interfacing with marketing and communications teams in 16 markets across Asia Pacific.
You will have impeccable writing skills and the ability to create sparkling copy to deliver your message. You will be able to cut through the noise and corporate jargon to get to the real story.
You will have the drive, confidence and strong interpersonal skills to interact with senior stakeholders, including the regional CEO, regional Chief HR Officer, and members of the regional executive board. You won’t be scared to ask tough questions that get to the heart of complex topics.
You will have highly developed digital capabilities and will be familiar with the latest internal communications technologies and platforms. You will be skilled at setting clear and measurable objectives and have the ability to leverage data and analytics to provide the insights required to improve outcomes continually.
- Delivery of regional employee communications strategy
- As a core member of the Asia Pacific Corporate Communications team, deliver high impact internal communications that support JLL’s business objectives and engage employees in the firm’s vision, purpose and ambitions for the future.
- Assess current strategies and tactics, recommend changes, and implement initiatives to improve employee engagement. Measure impact.
- Have the ability to influence colleagues at all levels; have the confidence to prioritise demands ruthlessly in order to deliver on strategic plan.
- Manage or contribute to internal and external surveys that evaluate the attitudes and opinions of JLL’s employees. Use those insights to measure the impact of the communications programmes.
- Channel management and content creation
- Create engaging and relevant content which supports JLL’s business priorities.
- Take an ‘audience first’ approach, identifying and analysing audience requirements to ensure effective delivery via an appropriate mix of channels
- Oversee content production for internal communications, including intranet, e-mail announcements, webinars, graphics, videos, presentations and events.
- Manage internal and external resources to deliver communications assets that are consistent with JLL’s brand standards.
- Manage process of publishing content to company intranet, ensuring the highest quality.
- Develop and execute creative campaign concepts, delivering effective end-to-end project management.
- Willingness to try and test new techniques and tools to improve impact.
- Communications Centre of Excellence
- Lead and model a best practice approach to communications with clear processes, guidelines and templates. Communicate these expectations to team members around the region.
- Review governance standards and operational protocols for internal communications materials to assure quality.
- Executive positioning
- Work closely with the regional CEO to support his personal brand within JLL; ensure alignment to external profile.
- Write high quality materials for regional CEO and other executives, including policy communications, blogs, speeches and presentations.
- Crisis communications
- Be prepared to advise on and support employee communications in case of crisis, working with external communications colleagues and operational teams around the region.
Qualifications And Competencies
- First class English writing skills- ability to write and edit complex communications materials that are structured clearly and persuasively. Your commitment to accuracy and attention to detail mean minimal supervision and editing are required.
- Ability to develop strategies, plans and programmes to address thorny issues, recognising complexity and uncertainty, and to evaluate the impact of those strategies.
- Ability to work discreetly with confidential information.
- Ability to persuade, influence and provide counsel at a c-suite level.
- Highly skilled in Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint and Excel) and strong digital knowledge required. Understanding of Sharepoint, Google Analytics, Poppulo and other internal communications platforms preferred.
- Continuous learning mindset- desire to explore new ideas and experiment with new technologies.
- Ability to manage multiple, high level and visible projects.
- Adept at establishing trust with diverse internal and external partners.
Key stakeholders and partners
- Head of Corporate Communications, Asia Pacific
- Asia Pacific CEO
- Asia Pacific Executive Board Members
- Regional marketing team
- Regional HR team, including regional CHRO
- Global communications team
- Internal communications counterparts in Americas and EMEA.
Business unit- Regional Marketing
Reports to- Head of Corporate Communications, Asia Pacific
Please click here to apply for this position.
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement .
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here .
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at Accommodation.Reques@am.jl..com . This email is only to request an accommodation.