Date(s) - 14/02/2019
This online course provides an overview of the key aspects of finance including purpose and workings of the management accounts and annual financial statements and various factors to consider in order to feel comfortable with how they are presented and what they are telling the reader.
How attendees will benefit
Attendees will gain:
- An understanding and appreciation of the role of finance
- How to interpret and use a set of accounts in order to manage and improve profitability
- A broad overview of key financial terms and why they are relevant to you and your business
Who should attend
Directors or senior managers wanting to gain a greater understanding of how to interpret and use financial systems and reports to making decisions that affect the business and its performance. Also potentially beneficial to acquirers hoping to gain a greater understanding of what to look for in prospective targets.
What attendees will learn
- Book-keeping versus management accounting
- Key elements of management accounts
- Why it is useful in the day to day running of business
- Overview of profit and loss account
- Difference between income, billings and cash
- Overheads – what are they and what is included
- Difference between overheads and capital – purpose of depreciation
- Key elements affecting profitability
- Under / over servicing and reporting options
- Cashflow management
- Debtor management
- Key elements of annual financial statements
- Difference between Statutory Financial Statements and management accounts
- Work in progress and advanced billings
- Overview of the balance sheet
- Key ratios
Attendees will receive the comprehensive course presentation.
Event Type: On-Demand Training
Please note that all our on-demand training will be received as a recording.
PRCA SEA members – once you reserve online, please contact email@example.com