Date(s) - 07/05/2019
9:30 am - 5:00 pm
Location: Ogilvy, 71 Robinson Road #07-01 Singapore 068895
Refreshments & Lunch will be provided
Communications organisations – whether agency or in-house – are prioritising project management as a core competence for their teams. Why? People that have had project management training find using these disciplines, tools and skills drastically improved their project performance, minimised over-servicing and increased stakeholder satisfaction. This course is designed to provide attendees with the knowledge, skills and confidence to manage any size project in a structured and professional manner.
How Delegates Benefit:
This course will help attendees understand the language, principles and practices of Project Management, and provides the basic tools and techniques needed to plan and manage projects from initiation through to completion. Facilitated by an experienced Project Manager, trainer and coach, this is a practical course, rich with exercises to give attendees an opportunity to practice the skills learnt before applying them back in the workplace.
What you Will Learn
The day will cover:
- Clarifying the Project Foundations
- Setting clear project objectives
- Establishing the project scope and using a scope filter
- Understanding constraints and assumptions
- Clarifying roles and responsibilities
- Understanding key stakeholders and their project value drivers
- Mitigating project risk
Project Activity Scheduling
- Creating a Work Breakdown Structure
- Scheduling time and resources using a Gannt Chart
- The Importance of the Critical Path and how to use this to deliver projects on time
Controlling the Project through to Completion
- Understanding and managing scope changes to minimise over-servicing
- Tracking progress and keeping the project on track
- Managing issues
- Evaluating project performance at closure
Summary of Project Management Best Practices
- Summary of templates and frameworks
- Principles for successful project management
- Personal action planning
Who Should Attend
All roles that are responsible for leading and delivering projects.
Materials you Will Receive
A complete set of project management templates which can be used without copyright restriction after the course, and a full set of course notes.
Event Type: Face-to-Face Training
Spaces Available: 10
Bookings are closed for this event.