Date(s) - 21/10/2020
9:30 am - 12:30 pm
Format: This training will be carried out online but in a virtual face-to-face setting. Attendees must have laptop their laptop camera and microphone on during the session.
The media landscape today is more challenging. Besides the traditional media, organisations have to understand and work with the digital and social media.
The media is an important tool through which organisations could influence public opinion and key stakeholders. Knowing how to engage and work effectively with the traditional, digital and social media is thus a critical skill. One must not only be familiar with the various tools of media engagement but must also understand the media’s agenda and interests especially in a crisis.
This course aims to provide a good understanding of media management and the practical skills to handle the media effectively.
The course will be an interactive programme with lectures, case discussions and role plays. It will also provide practical skills with hands-on practice sessions.
The course content will include the following topics:
Media Landscape and Role of media
- What is news and why do you want to engage the media?
- The media landscape today – understanding the different platforms, how they work and how they complement/differ from one another
- What is the media cycle?
Crafting Newsworthy Stories, Quotes and Messages
- Setting your objective and knowing your audience
- Crafting key messages for public communications
- What are the elements of a good story and quote?
- How to spot a newsworthy and relevant story, especially among technical topics?
- How to craft an impactful story, simplify technical topics/jargons for they lay person and weave in your messages while maintaining the story’s newsworthiness?
Preparing for an Interview
- What are the different types of media interviews?
- What to look out for in assessing an interview opportunity? – what kind of questions and research should be done
- How to tailor your messages to the interview and prepare for the interview?
- How to manage difficult questions?
Materials: All delegates will receive training slides.
Who should attend?
PR, Marketing, Communiactions professionals
Spaces available: 15
Trainer: Bhavani K
By confirming this booking, you are accepting the PRCA SEA Terms and Conditions.
Bookings are closed for this event.