Date(s) - 08/05/2019
9:30 am - 5:00 pm
Refreshments & Lunch will be provided
Communications professionals are expected to model great interpersonal skills. We are not all naturally confident and assertive, and often find it difficult to say “no” or get others on board with our ideas. The good news is that these skills are all learnable. After this course you will have an increased self-awareness, and will benefit from the opportunity to understand and practice some basic assertiveness and influencing techniques that work. With ongoing practice, these skills can become second nature. This will reduce your anxiety, help you become more effective in delivering successful outcomes and greatly improve your working relationships.
How Will Attendees Benefit
Attendees will a good understanding about the psychology of confidence, assertiveness and influencing. They will have an improved self-awareness, and a set of practiced techniques which they can model to improve their inter-personal interactions at work. Previous attendees have reported increased confidence immediately after the course. Those that continue to practice the assertiveness and influencing techniques have noted an improvement in their communication effectiveness, whether face-to-face, on the telephone and even email.
Who Should Attend
This course is aimed at all communications professionals who wish to improve their confidence, assertiveness and influencing skills.
What you Will Learn
The day will cover
- Understanding your confidence in different situations
- Knowing your limiting self-beliefs and overcoming them
- Understanding what it means to be assertive in different cultural contexts
- Harnessing the power of emotions – understanding emotions and emotional intelligence
- Techniques to quickly access confident and authorative emotional states
- Techniques for saying “no” and still maintain good and productive relationships
- Understanding your influencing skills and how to build them
- Techniques for rational and personal persuasion
- How to handle disagreements confidently, professionally and productively
- Building these skills as an unconscious competence
- Continuous improvement – how to self-evaluate and improve in a way that sticks.
Note: this course is rich with exercises and practice sessions. We therefore like to keep the class sizes small so that everyone has an opportunity to practice the skills learnt and to get peer and trainer feedback.
Materials you Will Receive
Attendees will receive comprehensive course notes.
Event Type: Face-to-Face Training
Spaces Available: 10